Tour campus departments during open houses and cheer the Miner football team to victory as part of Missouri S&T’s 2022 MinerFest Homecoming celebration, held Oct. 21-22.
Many of the homecoming events are open to the public. Information about tickets and registration is available at mineralumni.com/homecoming. For more details, contact the Miner Alumni Association by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-JOMINER (800-566-4637).
Homecoming 2022 will include the following events:
Friday, Oct. 21
- Homecoming Registration, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Hasselmann Alumni House.
- Miner Alumni Association Legends Luncheon, noon-1:30 p.m., Hasselmann Alumni House. Help honor some of S&T’s most distinguished alumni as they receive Miner Alumni Association awards. Tickets are required.
- Seventh annual James O. Stoffer Lecture in Chemistry, 2 p.m. in the Monsanto Lecture Hall, Room G3 Schrenk Hall. Dr. Philip D. Whitefield, Chancellor’s Professor and professor emeritus of chemistry at Missouri S&T, will discuss propulsion-derived particulate matter.
- Department Open Houses, 3-4 p.m., various academic departments. View the full list of participating departments on the schedule of events at mineralumni.com/homecoming.
- Arrival District Celebration, 4 p.m. on the Havener Center lawn. The donors and partners who are bringing the new Arrival District to life will be honored during a ceremony with a reception to follow.
- Miner Alumni Association Silver and Gold Gathering, 5-8 p.m., Hasselmann Alumni House. Reception starts at 5 p.m., and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served at 6 p.m. Tickets are required.
Saturday, Oct. 22
- Homecoming Registration, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Alumni Tent at the Gale Bullman Building parking lot.
- Miner Alumni Association Tailgate Party, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Alumni Tent at the Gale Bullman Building parking lot. Tickets are required.
- Missouri S&T Athletic Hall of Fame Room open to visitors, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Room G-25, Gale Bullman Building.
- Homecoming Football Game, 1 p.m. Allgood-Bailey Stadium. Cheer on the Miners as they take on McKendree University. Tickets are required.
- Miner Alumni Social, 6-8 p.m., Hoppers Pub, 723 N. Pine St. The Miner Alumni Association will provide appetizers for this event; attendees can also purchase food and beverages from the restaurant.
About Missouri University of Science and Technology
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) is a STEM-focused research university of over 7,000 students. Part of the four-campus University of Missouri System and located in Rolla, Missouri, Missouri S&T offers 101 degrees in 40 areas of study and is among the nation’s top 10 universities for return on investment, according to Business Insider. S&T also is home to the Kummer Institute, made possible by a $300 million gift from Fred and June Kummer. For more information about Missouri S&T, visit www.mst.edu.
Leave a Reply