Seven senior students from Missouri University of Science and Technology received scholarship awards from the Academy of Mines and Metallurgy this spring.
The academy is an advisory group that was founded in 1954. The group includes graduates and others who have made outstanding contributions to their professions.
The scholarships are typically presented during the academy’s spring induction ceremony; however, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the ceremony has been postponed until October.
The 2020 scholarship recipients are as follows:
- Taylor Darnall, a senior in mining engineering from Springfield, Missouri
- Kathryn Buscher, a senior in ceramic engineering from St. Louis
- McKenzie Shea, a senior in metallurgical engineering from St. Charles, Missouri
- Nathan Limbaugh, a senior in geology and geophysics from St. Charles, Missouri
- Sierra Shields, a senior in geological engineering from Springfield, Missouri
- Kelly Christopher, a senior in petroleum engineering and geological engineering from Schaumburg, Illinois
- Delaney Simmons, a senior in nuclear engineering from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Share this page
Looking for something?
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering (67)
- Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering (215)
- Computer Science (74)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (118)
- Engineering Management and Systems Engineering (74)
- Geological Sciences and Engineering (56)
- Materials Science and Engineering (91)
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (127)
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering (77)
- Mining Engineering (73)
- Historian’s passion for the past inspires new experiential learning opportunities
- College of Engineering and Computing honors graduate students
- Missouri S&T alumnus named chair of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Leach Theatre delays start of 2020-21 CPAS season
- Missouri S&T offers online medallion and certificate courses this summer
- Missouri S&T researchers work to develop simple test for breast cancer on
- Environmental engineers study fabrics, materials for face covers on
- S&T researcher examines if AI have a mind of their own on
- Missouri S&T names new chair of chemical and biochemical engineering on
- Missouri S&T plans to return to campus in six phases on