Missouri University of Science and Technology received 12 awards for excellence in alumni magazines, video production, graphic design, digital publications, research publications, student recruitment publications, web and interactive marketing, and photography from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) during the joint conference of CASE District V and District VI held Dec. 11-13 in Chicago.
Missouri S&T won a grand gold award, seven gold awards, three silver awards and a bronze award in the annual competition.
CASE received 442 entries for the annual awards program from colleges, universities and independent schools in Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. CASE is the international organization for educational advancement. Its membership is made up of college, university and independent school staff members in the areas of alumni relations, communications and marketing, and philanthropy.
The awards were as follows:
- A grand gold award for:
- College and University General Interest Magazines – for Missouri S&T Magazine. The marketing and communications staff collaborates with the Miner Alumni Association and others in the University Advancement Division to create this publication, which is published three times a year.
- Seven gold awards for:
- Editorial Design – for Missouri S&T Magazine “Miners of Invention” issue, Fall/Winter 2015. The marketing and communications staff collaborates with the Miner Alumni Association and others in the University Advancement Division to create this publication, which is published three times a year.
- Fundraising Video: Long Video – for “Racheal’s Journey,” which was created as a donor recognition video for a 2015 Order of the Golden Shillelagh celebration. OGS is Missouri S&T’s donor recognition group. The marketing and communications department created the video.
- Institutional Relations Publications: Research Publications – for re:Search magazine, Fall 2015. The marketing and communications department collaborates with the office of sponsored programs to produce this annual publication, which highlights the university’s major research activities.
- Internal Audience Publications: Digital – for the Chancellor’s Newsletter. The marketing and communications department collaborates with the office of the chancellor’s staff to produce this monthly electronic newsletter. The e-newsletter is distributed to all students, faculty and staff at Missouri S&T, as well as to external audiences.
- Marketing: Institution-Wide Branding Programs – for Miners Dig Deeper: Building on a heritage of discovery, creativity and innovation. The marketing and communications department led the development of this branding program.
- Marketing: Visual Identity Systems – for Miners Dig Deeper materials. The marketing and communications department created the visuals for this branding program.
- Student Recruitment Publications: Publications Packages – for Missouri S&T Residential Life – New Student Resources. Missouri S&T marketing and communications staff collaborated with residential life staff to create these publications.
- Three silver awards for:
- Excellence in Photography – for Exploring Missouri S&T, a series of photographs. Photographs were taken by Sam O’Keefe, Missouri S&T staff photographer.
- Websites: Complete Institutional Websites – for Missouri S&T Digital Branding Update (brand.mst.edu). The marketing and communications department created the website.
- General Information Videos: Short Video – “Cudgel Carry: A Campus Tradition.” The marketing and communications department created the video.
- A bronze award for:
- Innovative Uses of Technology: Public Relations and Marketing – for “Which St. Pat’s Icon Are You?” The marketing and communications staff created the game.
Share this page