Missouri University of Science and Technology received eight awards for excellence in alumni relations, advancement services, communications and marketing, media relations, photography and graphic design from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) during the CASE District VI conference held Jan. 11-13 in Denver.
S&T won three gold awards, four silver awards and one bronze award in the annual competition.
CASE received 442 entries for the annual awards program from colleges, universities and independent schools in Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. CASE is the international organization for educational advancement. Its membership is made up of college, university and independent school staff members in the areas of alumni relations, communications and marketing, and philanthropy.
The awards were as follows:
Three gold awards for:
- Alumni Relations Programs, Student Alumni Initiatives – for Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow’s incorporation of recognized student organizations in the annual Battle of the Brains Scholarship Banquet and Trivia Night. The event was hosted and staffed by the university advancement division. The marketing and communications staff created the collateral materials.
- Special Event, Multi-Day – for Homecoming 2013: League of Super Miners. The event was hosted and staffed by the Miner Alumni Association and the university advancement division. The communications staff created the collateral materials.
- Strategic Communications, Media Relations Programs and Projects – for the April Fool’s Doge website. The website was created by the marketing and communications staff. The site is available online at http://www.mst.edu/aprilfools/.
Four silver awards for:
- Best Uses of Social Media – for promotion of the April Fool’s Doge website. The marketing and communications staff created the website and managed the surrounding social media campaign. The site is available online at http://www.mst.edu/aprilfools/ and examples of social media coverage are available online at http://rol.la/dogefools.
- General Information Videos, Short Videos – for Pi Day, a video produced by the marketing and communications department to demonstrate how many digits of the mathematical equation pi Missouri S&T students could recite. The video is available online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyAhScXq53o&feature=youtu.be.
- Internal Audience Publications, Digital – for the Chancellor’s Newsletter. The newsletter is produced by the marketing and communications department in collaboration with the chancellor’s office.
- Photography, Individual Photograph – for a photo titled Michael Bradford, Spelunker, by Sam O’Keefe, Missouri S&T photographer.
One bronze award for:
- Design, Multi-Page Publications – for League of Super Miners – Homecoming 2013. The event was hosted and staffed by the Miner Alumni Associations and the university advancement division. The communications staff created the collateral materials.
Share this page