Events for the 106th annual “Best Ever” St. Pat’s celebration are ready to begin at Missouri University of Science and Technology. The theme for this year’s celebration is “St. Pat’s Before Time.”
The campus celebration began in 1908, when a group of Rolla students declared that St. Patrick was the patron saint of engineers. St. Pat’s has since grown to encompass a full week of events, as well as campus traditions that begin in early March.
The schedule for the 106th St. Pat’s celebration at Missouri S&T is as follows:
• Monday, March 3, through Wednesday, March 5: Snake Invasion. Students club plastic snakes on campus with large decorative sticks called shillelaghs.
• Saturday, March 8: the Coterie St. Pat’s Ball, including a four-course dinner and dancing to live music, starts at 5:30 p.m. in the St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. Contact Dilek Acar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Monday, March 10: St. Pat’s Follies, noon at the Puck, a campus landmark located in front of Toomey Hall.
• Tuesday, March 11: St. Pat’s Follies, noon at the Puck.
• Wednesday, March 12: At approximately 11:45 a.m., St. Pat and his court, portrayed by S&T students, will officially arrive in downtown Rolla aboard a railway handcar. They will then proceed from the south end of Pine Street to the Rolla Band Shell for St. Pat’s Follies at noon.
• Thursday, March 13: Gonzo Games, 10 a.m. on the painted street in front of the Havener Center; S&T student Blarney Bash talent show, 8 p.m. in the Havener Center.
• Friday, March 14: Gonzo Games, 10 a.m. on the painted street; Honorary Knights Banquet, 6 p.m. in the Havener Center; Coronation and Knighting Ceremony, 9 p.m. in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall, located at 10th and Main streets in Rolla.
• Saturday, March 15: 7 a.m., Pine Street painting; St. Pat’s 5K benefit run, registration opens at 7:30 a.m., cost is $25, learn more information by calling the Rolla Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-364-3577; 9 a.m.-11 a.m., pre-parade party for alumni, family and their guests, Alumni Patio and Leach Theater lobby of Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets; St. Pat’s Parade, 11 a.m. on Pine Street in downtown Rolla; post-parade party, Alumni Patio and Leach Theater lobby, alumni family and their guests, approximately 12:30 p.m.; free concert featuring MUTEMATH open to the public, starting at approximately 1 p.m. at the Rolla Band Shell.
For more information on the events listed, see the St. Pat’s Board website at stpats.mst.edu.
Leave a Reply