Missouri S&T will give students and their visiting families a taste of life on campus and in Rolla during Family Weekend 2009 activities scheduled Friday, Oct. 30, through Sunday, Nov. 1.
Activities on Friday, Oct. 30, include:
- Irving Berlin’s I Love a Piano , at 7:30 p.m. The performance is a part of the Campus Performing Arts Series. Tickets are available in the Leach Theatre Box Office or online at leachtheatre.mst.edu.
- An S&T tradition, the Haunted Mine, will be open to scare young and old alike from 6 p.m.-midnight at the Experimental Mine Facility, 12350 Spencer Road. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for youth. Bring two non-perishable food items and receive $1 off the ticket price.
Saturday, Oct. 31, activities include:
- A parent’s reception will be held from 9-10:30 a.m. in the atrium of the Havener Center. The reception will showcase support services for students and will include a continental breakfast sponsored by Chancellor John F. Carney III.
- The Parent’s and Guardian’s Association annual meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. The meeting will feature a campus update by Provost Warren K. Wray and recognition of outstanding advisors and teaching assistants, and this year’s Parents of the Year.
- The Miners swimming team will host its first home competition of the season against Ouachita Baptist University at 10 a.m. in the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building.
- The S&T Miners football game against the Lincoln University Blue Tigers will be held at 1 p.m. in Algood-Bailey Stadium.
- The Haunted Mine will be open from 5 p.m.-midnight at the Experimental Mine Facility, 12350 Spencer Road. Tickets are $7 for Adults and $5 for youth. Bring two non-perishable food items and receive $1 off the ticket price.
A complete schedule of events is available online at studentlife.mst.edu/familyweekend/familyday.html.
Share this page