Ten full-time employees at Missouri University of Science and Technology were honored Wednesday, May 27, for their contributions to the campus during Missouri S&T Staff Recognition Day ceremonies on campus.
Each full-time winner received a certificate and a $500 check from Missouri S&T Chancellor John F. Carney III during the award ceremonies, which began at 9 a.m. in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall.
The winners were selected from a group of staff members who were nominated by faculty, staff and students. Winners are selected on the basis of their job performance, relationship with associates and dedication to Missouri S&T.
Receiving awards were the following:
- Keith Davis, custodian in physical facilities
- Dulce Grotha, assistant manager of the Video Communications Center
- Ron Haas, senior research engineering technician in the Materials Research Center
- Colleen Kapeller, senior secretary in the Career Opportunities Center
- Sharon Matson, administrative associate in academic affairs
- Brenda McKinnon, grounds keeper in physical facilities
- Susan Robison, administrative assistant in the Student Design and Experiential Learning Center
- Eric Sigler, manager of information technology
- Cathy Tipton, manager of student recruiting in admissions
In addition to the Staff Excellence Awards, Staff Council presented the Jan Buhlinger Spirit Award to Joyce Abbott, executive assistant in business services. The award is named for the late Jan Buhlinger, a former Missouri S&T staff member and member of Staff Council. Recipients are selected by Staff Council based on their spirit for Missouri S&T.