Ray Beezley, a junior in nuclear engineering at the University of Missouri-Rolla, will portray St. Patrick, the patron saint of engineers, during the 2007 St. Pat’s Celebration in Rolla. Beezley is from Osage Beach, Mo.
St. Pat and his court will arrive in downtown Rolla at noon Wednesday, March 14, to preside over the annual celebration. The court will also participate in formal coronation ceremonies at 9 p.m. Friday, March 16, in Leach Theatre of UMR’s Castleman Hall. There, honorary knights and student knights will be dubbed and the St. Pat’s Queen of Love and Beauty will be announced. The event is open to the public.
The 2007 celebration culminates on Saturday, March 17, with the annual St. Pat’s Parade through downtown Rolla. The parade begins at 11 a.m.
The following are members of St. Pat’s court this year:
– Master guards: Dan Kienitz, a junior in civil engineering from Belleville, Ill.; Chris Schwartz, a junior in computer science from Foley, Mo.
– Guards: Josh Blair, a sophomore in computer engineering from Smithville, Mo; Anna Trumble, a junior in ceramic engineering from Overland Park, Kan.
– Pages: Joe Landis, a junior in arts and sciences from Carrollton, Mo.; Darrin Smith, a junior in mining engineering from St. Charles, Mo.
– Herald: Andrew Skaggs, a junior in English from Rolla
– Trumpeter: Phillip Ford, a junior in architectural engineering from Rolla.
Need to get in touch with our media relations team? For non-urgent requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-4328. Or contact one of the staff members below during or after office hours.
Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Office: 573-341-7765| Cell: 573-578-4420 | email@example.com |