Nine University of Missouri-Rolla employees were honored Wednesday, June 1, for their contributions to the campus during UMR Staff Recognition Day ceremonies on campus.
Each winner received a certificate and a $600 check from Chancellor Gary Thomas during the award ceremonies, which began at 9 a.m. in the St. Pat s Ballroom of the Havener Center.
The winners were selected from a group of staff members who were nominated by faculty, staff and students. Winners are selected on the basis of their job performance, relationship with associates and dedication to UMR.
Awards were given to staff members in five employment categories at UMR: administrative and professional, crafts and services, secretarial and clerical, technical and paraprofessional, and part time.
Receiving awards were the following:
– Eric Bohannan, X-Ray diffraction specialist, Materials Research Center
– Christina Fleck, senior clerk, University Police
– Ken Haas, networking engineer, information technology
– Dave Johnson, lead custodian, student life
– Laura Kahl, administrative assistant, new student programs
– John Kean, senior information specialist, public relations
– Sue Papen, administrative assistant, sponsored programs
– Roy Soper, mechanical trades specialist/plumber, physical facilities
– Diane Stutts, counselor and outreach coordinator, The Counseling Center.