The Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies at the University of Missouri-Rolla has announced seven winners of 2004-2005 Outstanding Academic Advisor Awards.
The UMR Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies solicited nominations from the campus community. A committee chaired by Jerry Bayless, associate dean of the UMR School of Engineering, evaluated the nominations and selected the winners.
The following received $500 and were recognized April 27 at an awards luncheon on campus:
– Dr. Ronald Frank, associate professor of biological sciences, Outstanding Academic Advisor, College of Arts and Sciences
– Dr. Stephen Raper, associate professor of engineering management, Outstanding Academic Advisor, School of Engineering
– Dr. Estella Atekwana, associate professor of geology and geophysics, Outstanding Academic Advisor, School of Materials, Energy and Earth Resources
– Stephanie Fitch, advisor and instructor of management and information systems, Outstanding Academic Advisor, School of Management and Information Systems
– Clayton Price, instructor of computer science, Outstanding Freshman Student Advisor
– Dr. Rodney Lentz, associate professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering, Outstanding Transfer Student Advisor
– Roberta Cox, graduate studies assistant, Outstanding Student Advisor