Missouri S&T will shift to remote operations from 3 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. today (Wednesday, Feb. 23), due to inclement weather.
Classes will be held remotely. Instructors should communicate this shift with their students as soon as possible, share plans for their classes and provide any necessary resources, such as Zoom links or online learning materials. If a class has significant in-person requirements, such as laboratories or clinical classes, arrangements will be made to address the requirements at a later time.
Scheduled in-person events that do not transition to virtual events will be postponed. Please contact the event organizer for details.
Essential and other on-campus services will continue but may be limited due to employee availability. These services may include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Dining services for students: The Havener Center’s food court and T.J. Dining Hall will remain open. For menus, hours of operation and more details, visit dineoncampus.com/mst.
- Custodial and groundskeeping services in some areas, such as residential halls.
- University Police: Missouri S&T’s police department is open 24/7 and can be contacted at 573-341-4300. In an emergency, please dial 911.
- Curtis Laws Wilson Library will close at 3 p.m. today.
- The Student Recreation Center and Fitness Center will close at 4 p.m. today.
Employees fall into one of the following categories when a shift to remote work and learning takes place:
- Those who aren’t required to work on-site and will telework from home or another location. Staff who do not telework must take paid time off — either personal or vacation days.
- Those who cannot carry out their duties through telework and who are instructed that they are not required on-site to work will be compensated.
- Those who are non-exempt (hourly) and are required to work on-site may be eligible to receive premium pay; those who are required to work on-site and choose not to must take paid time off — either personal or vacation days.
Details about S&T’s campus closure policies are available at https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/rules/hrm/hr200/hr217.