Nine full-time employees at Missouri University of Science and Technology were honored Wednesday, May 17, for their contributions to the campus during Missouri S&T Staff Recognition Day ceremonies on campus.
Each full-time winner received a certificate and plaque during the award ceremonies, which began at 9 a.m. in the St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center.
The winners were selected from a group of staff members who were nominated by faculty, staff and students. Winners are selected on the basis of their job performance, relationship with associates and dedication to Missouri S&T.
The 2017 Staff Excellence Award winners are:
• Mitsy Daniels, manager II of business administration in fiscal services
• Siiri Gilness, senior office support assistant in student affairs
• Rhonda Grayson, business support specialist II in computer science
• Virginia Hauck, custodian in facilities services
• Gavin Jewell, media producer I in global learning
• Lisa Olds, office support assistant IV in University Police
• Carolyn Pridgeon, custodian in the Havener Center
• Tina Reagan, student support specialist II in student life
• Sammatha Wilcox, student support specialist II in career opportunities and employer relations.
In addition to the Staff Excellence Awards, Staff Council presented the Jan Buhlinger Spirit Award to Joe Boehm, CSM associate II in the Havener Center. The award is named for the late Jan Buhlinger, a former Missouri S&T staff member and member of Staff Council. Recipients are selected by Staff Council based on their spirit for Missouri S&T.