A screenshot of the game St. Pat’s Snake Invasion, which received a CASE Gold Award. (click or tap image to play)
Missouri University of Science and Technology received 11 awards for excellence in graphic design, news writing, video production, digital publications, research publications, community relations projects and photography from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) during the CASE District VI conference held Jan. 24-26 in Kansas City, Missouri.
S&T won four gold awards, two silver awards and five bronze awards in the annual competition.
CASE received over 400 entries for the annual awards program from colleges, universities and independent schools in Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. CASE is the international organization for educational advancement. Its membership is made up of college, university and independent school staff members in the areas of alumni relations, communications and marketing, and philanthropy.
The awards were as follows:
Four gold awards for:
- Design: Invitations – for the invitation to the Hasselmann Alumni House Donor Recognition Dinner. The event was hosted and staffed by the University Advancement division. The marketing and communications staff created the collateral materials.
- Innovative Uses of Technology – for the St. Pat’s Snake Invasion online game, which was featured on the Missouri S&T website in March 2015. The marketing and communications staff created the game.
- Institutional Relations Publications: Research Publications – for the Fall 2014 edition of “re:search,” Missouri S&T’s research magazine. The marketing and communications department collaborates with the office of sponsored programs to produce this annual publication.
- Public Relations and Community Relations Projects – for the 2014 Chancellor’s Holiday Card, “Rising to the Celebration.” The marketing and communications staff collaborated with the chancellor’s office on this project.
Two silver awards for:
- Design: Single-Page Publication – for “Blueprint for Success: the power of partnership.” The marketing and communications staff created the collateral material for this annual giving mailer in collaboration with University Advancement staff.
- Photography: Individual Photograph – for a photo of S&T student Danielle West, which was featured with a story about West’s research in Missouri S&T Magazine and on the S&T website.
Five bronze awards for:
- Design: Covers – for the Spring 2015 issue of Missouri S&T Magazine, “Miner Specials.” The marketing and communications department and the Miner Alumni Association collaborate to publish the alumni magazine three times a year.
- Design: Editorial Design – for “Bertelsmeyer Hall: A bright future. A bold vision,” which appeared in the Fall 2014 issue of Missouri S&T Magazine. The marketing and communications department and the Miner Alumni Association collaborate to publish the alumni magazine three times a year.
- Excellence in News Writing: Research, Medicine and Science News Writing – for research or science-based news releases written by the staff of the marketing and communications department.
- General Information Videos: Short Video – for “Google Me: A Mortarboard’s View of Graduation. The video was produced by the marketing and communications department.
- Internal Audience Publications: Digital – for the Chancellor’s Newsletter. The marketing and communications department collaborates with the chancellor’s office to produce the newsletter.