Missouri University of Science and Technology is gearing up for the 107th annual “Best Ever” St. Pat’s celebration. The theme for this year’s celebration is “St. Pat’s on the High Seas.”
The campus celebration began in 1908, when a group of Rolla students declared that St. Patrick was the patron saint of engineers. St. Pat’s has since grown to encompass a full week of events, as well as campus traditions that begin in early March.
The schedule for the 107th St. Pat’s celebration at Missouri S&T is as follows:
• Monday, March 2, through Wednesday, March 4: Snake Invasion. Students club plastic snakes on campus with large decorative sticks called shillelaghs.
• Friday, March 6: The Coterie St. Pat’s Ball, 5:30 p.m. The event includes a four-course dinner and dancing to live music in the St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. Contact Dilek Acar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Monday, March 9: St. Pat’s Follies, noon, at the Puck, a campus landmark located in front of Toomey Hall.
• Tuesday, March 10: St. Pat’s Follies, noon, at the Puck.
• Wednesday, March 11: Court arrival, approximately 11:45 a.m. downtown Rolla. St. Pat and his court, portrayed by S&T students, will officially arrive in downtown Rolla aboard a railway handcar. They will then proceed from the south end of Pine Street to the Rolla Band Shell, located at the corner of 9th and Oak streets, for St. Pat’s Follies at noon.
• Thursday, March 12: Gonzo Games, 10 a.m., on the University Promenade in front of the Havener Center.
• Friday, March 13:
10 a.m. — Gonzo Games, University Promenade
6 p.m. — Honorary Knights Banquet, Havener Center
9 p.m. — Coronation and Knighting Ceremony, Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall, located at 10th and Main streets in Rolla.
• Saturday, March 14:
7 a.m. — Pine Street painting
9 a.m. — Hasselmann Alumni House opens for public tours, 11th and Pine streets
9:30 a.m. — Hasselmann Alumni House public dedication ceremony
11 a.m. — St. Pat’s Parade on Pine Street in downtown Rolla
Noon — Post-parade party, Hasselmann Alumni House
1 p.m. — St. Pat’s Concert, a free concert open to the public at the Rolla Band Shell.
For more information on the events listed, see the St. Pat’s Committee website at stpats.mst.edu.