Beginning with the quirky and charming Moonrise Kingdom on Feb. 5, this season’s Free Spring Film Festival at Missouri University of Science and Technology will include another eclectic mix of feature films and documentaries.
The films are free and open to the public. Screenings will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays in Leach Theatre of S&T’s Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets in Rolla, Mo., with the exception of My Architect: A Son’s Journey on March 12, and Martha Marcy May Marlene on April 9, both of which will be shown in Room 104 Physics Building, and Switch on April 16, which will be shown in Room G-3 Schrenk Hall.
The Missouri S&T Free Spring 2013 Film Festival includes the following:
- Moonrise Kingdom, Feb. 5
- Badlands, Feb. 12
- Beasts of the Southern Wild, Feb. 19
- Bully, Feb. 26
- The Cabinet of Dr. Calgari, March 5, featuring live jazz music from the Missouri S&T Jazz Combo and conductor Dave Cress, lecturer in the arts, languages and philosophy department
- My Architect: A Son’s Journey, March 12
- Bernie, March 19
- Margaret, April 2
- Martha Marcy May Marlene, April 9
- Switch, April 16
- Looper, April 23
- The Intouchables, April 30
- Flight, May 7
The Missouri S&T Free Spring 2013 Film Festival is supported by the university’s Campus Performing Arts Series; Curtis Laws Wilson Library; the Student Union Board; the office of the chancellor; the civil, architectural and environmental engineering department; and the arts, languages and philosophy department.
For more information call 573-341-4185.