Area residents will once again have a chance to see distinctive films they might otherwise have missed. Missouri S&T’s Free Fall 2012 Film Festival includes an eclectic mix, beginning on Aug. 28 with the Academy Award-winning The Descendants, starring George Clooney.
The films are free and open to the public. The movies will be shown at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays in Leach Theatre of S&T’s Castleman Hall, 10th and Main streets in Rolla, Mo., with the exception of A Separation on Nov. 6, which will be screened in Room 104 Physics Building.
The Missouri S&T Free Fall 2012 Film Festival includes the following:
- The Descendants – Aug. 28
- We Need to Talk About Kevin – Sept. 4
- The Cats of Mirikitani – Sept. 11
- The Artist – Sept. 18
- The Crowd – Sept. 25
- Take Shelter – Oct. 2
- Melancholia – Oct. 9
- Nostalgia for the Light – Oct. 16
- Three films directed by Dr. James Bogan about Missouri artists: Tom Benton’s Missouri, Chalk Up Another and Naked Bronze: Louis Smart Sculptor in the Ozarks. Bogan, Curators’ Teaching Professor of art history and film at S&T, will introduce the films. – Oct. 23
- Attack the Block — Oct. 30
- A Separation – Nov. 6
- Bully – Nov. 13
- Bullitt – Nov. 27
- Drive – Dec. 4
The Missouri S&T Free Fall 2012 Film Festival is supported by the university’s Campus Performing Arts Series; Curtis Laws Wilson Library; Student Union Board; office of the chancellor; civil, architectural and environmental engineering department; and arts, languages and philosophy department. For more information call 573-341-4185.