Thomas Markowski, a junior in petroleum engineering at Missouri University of Science and Technology, will portray St. Patrick during the 104th celebration of St. Pat’s in Rolla. Markowski is from Barnhart, Mo.
St. Pat and his court will officially arrive in downtown Rolla at noon Wednesday, March 14. Following a procession through downtown in the traditional manure spreader, the court will preside over follies at the pavilion on 9th and Oak streets near the railroad tracks.
The court will also participate in formal coronation ceremonies at 9 p.m. Friday, March 16, in Leach Theatre of Missouri S&T’s Castleman Hall. There, honorary knights and student knights will be dubbed and the St. Pat’s Queen of Love and Beauty will be announced.
The 2012 celebration continues on Saturday, March 17, with the annual St. Pat’s Parade through downtown Rolla. The parade begins at 11 a.m.
The following students have been elected members of St. Pat’s court this year:
– Master guards: Amiel Weerasinghe, a graduate student in civil engineering from Colombo, Sri Lanka; and Ryan Johnston, a junior in mechanical engineering from Fenton, Mo.
– Guards: Kala Longman, a junior in architectural engineering from Jackson, Mo.; Nick Baum, a senior in chemical engineering from Barnhart, Mo.; Alex Cambiano, a junior in electrical engineering from Liberty, Mo.; and Chance Albertson, a junior in electrical engineering from Red Bud, Ill.
– Herald: Daniel Johnson, a junior in mining engineering from St. Charles, Mo.
– Pages: Chris Morris, a junior in mining engineering from Columbia, Mo.; and Robert Foote, a junior in aerospace engineering from Fort Worth, Texas.
– Trumpeter: Alicia Glazer, a junior in English from Jefferson City, Mo.
P.S. Check out the Best Ever Blog for a better photo of the court.