Five Missouri University of Science and Technology faculty members will receive Faculty Excellence Awards at a ceremony scheduled for Feb. 8, 2011.
The awards are given annually to recognize teaching, research and service excellence. Each award winner will receive a $5,000 stipend funded by industry and alumni contributions.
The 2010 award winners are:
- Dr. Joel Burken, professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Dr. Scott Grasman, associate professor of engineering management and systems engineering
- Dr. John Myers, associate professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Dr. Matthew O’Keefe, professor of materials science and engineering
- Dr. Hai Xiao, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering.