Five Missouri S&T faculty members will receive Faculty Excellence Awards at a ceremony scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010.
The awards are given annually to recognize teaching, research and service excellence. Each award winner will receive a $5,000 stipend funded by industry and alumni contributions.
The 2009 award winners are:
- Dr. Martin Bohner, professor of mathematics and statistics
- Dr. William Fahrenholtz, professor of materials science and engineering
- Dr. Greg Hilmas, professor of materials science and engineering
- Dr. John McManus, associate professor of history and political science
- Dr. Thomas Vojta, associate professor of physics.