Missouri University of Science and Technology student organizations have nominated 11 students to compete for the title of 2008 Homecoming King.
The winner is chosen after interviews and a campuswide election held the week prior to Homecoming, which is on the weekend of Oct. 17-20.
The king and queen, and the runners-up, will be announced during halftime ceremonies of Missouri S&T’s Homecoming football game on Saturday, Oct. 18. The game, which features Missouri S&T and Kentucky Wesleyan, starts at 1 p.m.
The king candidates are:
– Lance Weinmann, a senior in architectural engineering from East Alton, Ill., nominated by Pi Kappa Alpha
– Andrew Ronchetto, a senior in economics from Chesterfield, Mo., nominated by Student Council
– Nathaniel Goss, a senior in ceramic engineering from Knoxville, Tenn., nominated by Zeta Tau Alpha
– Patrick Maloney, a senior in geology from Festus, Mo., nominated by Thomas Jefferson Hall Association
– Lane Brewer, a junior in computer engineering from Springfield, Mo., nominated by Kappa Delta
– Charles Hlinak, a senior in computer engineering from Saint Peters, Mo., nominated by Sigma Nu
– Paul Conrad, a senior in geological engineering from Eureka, Mo., nominated by Kappa Kappa Psi/Tau Beta Sigma
– Daniel Kienitz, a senior in civil engineering from Belleville, Ill., nominated by Chi Omega
– Brandon Radford, a junior in geological engineering from Redford, Mo., nominated by the Quadrangle Hall Association
– Drew Schuermann, a senior in electrical engineering from Poplar Bluff, Mo., nominated by Kappa Alpha
– Jason Schlueter, a senior in mechanical engineering from Rolla, Mo., nominated by Phi Kappa Theta.