Twenty-four alumni were inducted into the UMR Academy of Civil Engineers, the UMR Academy of Chemical Engineering, the UMR Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and the UMR Academy of Mines and Metallurgy at the groups’ annual meetings, held on campus this past spring.
In addition, 10 alumni were inducted into the UMR Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers last fall. The academies honor outstanding graduates for their contributions to their profession and their involvement with UMR students and faculty. In addition, academies also serve as an advisory group to the department. Academy of Civil Engineers:
- David Busse, CE’81, MS CE’83, of Edwardsville, Ill., chief of the Potamology Section, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District.
- Gary Durney, CE’70, of Chesterfield, Mo., manager of production at Missouri Water Co.
- Ray L. Purvis, CE’74, of Jefferson City, Mo., state research, development and technology engineer for Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT).
- Joseph Reichert, CE’59, of Kansas City, Mo., assistant to the city engineer for the Kansas City Public Works Department.
- Roddy Rogers, CE’81, MS CE’83, MS EMgt’90, of Springfield, Mo., director of water engineering for City Utilities in Springfield, Mo.
Academy of Chemical Engineers:
- Charles “Dick” R. Altheide, ChE’56, of Hannibal, Mo., retired vice president of operations at Continental Cement Co. in Hannibal.
- Ronald M. Canon, ChE’70, MS ChE’72, PhD ChE’74, of Knoxville, Tenn., manager of radiochemical processes and facility design for the nuclear science and Technology division, and director of the heavy isotope management group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory chemical technology division in Knoxville.
- John D. Culter, PhD ChE’76, of Naples, Fla., president of Advanced Materials Engineering Inc. in Naples.
- Dale W. Harris, ChE’58, MS NucE’59, of Riva, Md., program manager at Praxis Inc. in Alexandria, Va.
- Harry C. Hershey, ChE’60, MS ChE’63, PhD ChE’65, of Worthington, Ohio, professor emeritus of chemical engineering at The Ohio State University.
- Kenneth G. Mayhan, PhD ChE’65, of Sonora, Calif., president of KGM West Associates Inc. in Sonora.
- Gary K. Patterson, ChE’60, PhD ChE’66, of Rolla, UMR professor emeritus of chemical engineering.
- Eric B. Rapp, ChE’69, MS ChE’73, of Spring Green, Wis., vice president of Cardinal Glass Industries in Spring Green.
- Richard G. Soehlke, ChE’52, of Delaware City, Del., retired refinery plant manager for Star Enterprises in Delaware City.
- Robert A. Steinkamp, ChE’62, MS ChE’64, PhD Chem’67, of Hemphill, Texas, retired manager of Polymers Research and Development in Baytown, Texas.
Academy of Electrical and Computer Engineers:
- Gary L. Fulks, EE’71, of Springfield, Mo., director of engineering and operations at Associated Electric Cooperative Inc. in Springfield.
Academy of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineers:
- Diane Beamer, ME’73, of West Chester, Ohio, president of GE-IAI Aviation Services International in Evendale, Ohio.
- David Berg, ME’57, of Columbia, Mo., retired regional director of Honeywell Inc.
- James P. Dycus, ME’66, of Paola, Kan., an engineering projects manager for Honeywell Federal Manufacturing and Technologies in Kansas City, Mo.
- Timothy Houghton, ME’68, of St. Louis, retired president of Hutchison Foundry Products Inc. of Alton, Ill.
- Gerald Lee, ME’76, AE’76, of Springfield, Mo., senior manager of City Utilities of Springfield.
- Stuart Obermann, ME’80, of Huntsville, Ala., chair and chief executive officer of Mobular Technologies Inc. of Huntsville.
- Charles E. (Ed) Schmidt Jr., ME’67, of Vichy, Mo., president of Baron Aviation Services Inc. of Vichy.
- O. Morris Sievert, ME’44, of La Jolla, Calif., retired president of Deposition Technology Inc. of San Diego, Calif.
- Richard C. Smith, ME’77, MS ME’86, of Columbia, Ill., manager of technical services and development for Ameren Energy Co. of St. Louis.
- Gary Stripling, ME’69, of Woodway, Texas, an engineering fellow at Raytheon Aircraft Integration Systems Co. in Waco, Texas.
Academy of Mines and Metallurgy:
- Dianna Tickner, MinE’79, of Collinsville, Ill., vice president of Generation Development, Thoroughbred Energy Campus, at Peabody Energy Inc. in St. Louis.
- Stephen Suellentrop, PetE’74, MS PetE’75, of Dallas, Texas, vice president of Peru Hunt Development at Hunt Oil Co. in Dallas.
- Frederick Rocchio Jr., MetE’70, of Chesterfield, Mo., president and chief executive officer at Northwestern Steel and Wire Co. in Sterling, Ill.
- Thomas O’Keefe, MetE’80, MS MetE’84, of Glen Carbon, Ill., production superintendent at Olin Corp. in East Alton, Ill.
- James Neustaedter, MinE’43, of Palm Coast, Fla., retired manager of engineering for the Raw Materials Division of Alcoa Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- William Mount, MinE’73, of Viburnum, Mo., general manager of the Mining and Milling Division at Doe Run Co. in Viburnum.
- Gazanfer Mohajir, PetE’67, of Kansas City, Mo., chairman, owner and founder of Mohajir and Associates Inc. in Overland Park, Kan.
- John Farmer III, of Russell, Kan., PetE’63, president and owner of John O. Farmer Inc. in Russell.