Dr. Henry Wiebe, vice provost of global learning at Missouri University of Science and Technology, presented outstanding teaching awards to Missouri S&T faculty members engaged in distance education during a campus ceremony on Monday, April 22. “The high evaluation scores received by these faculty members reflect their strong commitment to serve our distance students,” says Wiebe.
Global Learning 2013 Outstanding Teaching Commendation Award recipients are:
- Dr. Victor Birman, professor of mechanical engineering and director of S&T’s Engineering Education Center at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Dr. Richard Bullock, professor emeritus of mining and nuclear engineering
- Randy Canis, adjunct professor of computer science
- Dr. Jeffrey Cawlfield, professor of geological sciences and engineering and director of freshman engineering
- Dr. Elizabeth Cudney, assistant professor of engineering management and systems engineering
- Dr. Lokesh Dharani, Curators’ Professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and senior research investigator at S&T’s Materials Research Center
- Dr. Mao Chen Ge, associate professor of mining and nuclear engineering
- Andrea Madigan, lecturer in civil, architectural and environmental engineering
- Dr. Norbert Maerz, associate professor of geological sciences and engineering and senior research investigator in rock mechanics
- Dr. Ruwen Qin, assistant professor of engineering management and systems engineering
- Dr. Sarah Stanley, assistant professor of business and information technology
- Dr. Paul Worsey, professor of mining engineering and director of explosives education.
Global Learning 2013 Outstanding Teaching Award of Excellence recipients are:
- Dr. Bonnie Bachman, professor of economics
- Dr. Kenneth Ragsdell, professor emeritus of engineering management and systems engineering
- Dr. J. David Rogers, Karl F. Hasselmann Missouri Chair in Geological Engineering and associate professor of geological sciences and engineering.