Nine full-time employees at Missouri University of Science and Technology were honored Thursday, June 3, for their contributions to the campus during Missouri S&T Staff Recognition Day ceremonies on campus. Each full-time winner received a certificate and a $600 check from Missouri S&T Chancellor John F. Carney III during the award ceremonies, which began at 9 a.m. in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall.
The winners were selected from a group of staff members who were nominated by faculty, staff and students. Winners are selected on the basis of their job performance, relationship with associates and dedication to Missouri S&T.
Receiving awards were:
- Gary Gerhardt, groundskeeper in physical facilities
- Edna “Eddie” Grover-Bisker, associate director of the Career Opportunities Center
- Mark Remer, I-Net administrator specialist in communications
- Kristi Schulte, associate director of residential life
- Dixie Shaffer, lead custodian in student affairs auxiliary services
- Mary Helen Stoltz, manager of public relations in communications
- Courtney Wallace, senior admissions representative in admissions
- Roberta “Dedie” Wilson, administrative assistant in academic affairs
- Tracy Wilson, student financial aid coordinator in student financial assistance
In addition to the Staff Excellence Awards, Staff Council presented the Jan Buhlinger Spirit Award to Randy Davis, assistant director of custodial and landscape services in physical facilities. The award is named for the late Jan Buhlinger, a former Missouri S&T staff member and member of Staff Council. Recipients are selected by Staff Council based on their spirit for Missouri S&T.