The Miner League Theatre Players at Missouri University of Science and Technology will perform a production of “A Christmas Story” Nov. 10-13 in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall.
Performances will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10; Friday, Nov. 11; and Saturday, Nov. 12. A matinee will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13. All performances will take place in Leach Theatre of Castleman Hall located at 10th and Main streets in Rolla.
“A Christmas Story” centers on 12-year-old Ralphie Parker and his family at Christmas time in 1950s Indiana. Ralphie, played by community member Zachary Phelps, wants nothing more for Christmas than “an official Red Ryder carbine action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass and this thing which tells time built right into the stock,” only to be told time and time again “you’ll shoot your eye out.” The story of his quest for his Christmas wish is narrated by adult Ralphie, played by public radio KMST program director John Larson. The popular holiday film was adapted for the stage by Philip Grecian.
“All of our students are amazing talents, and grew up with ‘A Christmas Story,’ so they’ve all been very excited to put this production on,” says Jeanne Stanley, an associate professor of theatre at Missouri S&T. “We are lucky to have 10 children from the Rolla community, 10 Missouri S&T students and John Larson from KMST in the cast, making for a fun, multi-generational experience.”
Tickets are $7 for Missouri S&T students and children 12 and under and $12 for adults. Tickets can be purchased through the Leach Theatre Box Office located at 400 W. 10th St. in Rolla. The box office is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tickets can also be purchased by calling the box office at 573-341-4219.
For more information contact the Leach Theatre Box Office at 573-341-4219 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Missouri S&T students and Rolla community members will participate in the performances:
• Gabriel Bartels, tree seller, a sophomore in mechanical engineering from Hermann, Missouri
• Alyssa Bennett, Mrs. Shields, a senior in physics from Imperial, Missouri
• Feyd Carr, cowboy, a junior in computer engineering from Fayette, Missouri
• Paul Cassell, Santa, a junior in computer science from Creve Coeur, Missouri
• Madison Falkenrath, Helen Weathers, a fifth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• John Larson, adult Ralphie Parker, program director at public radio KMST
• Shelley Maguire, desperado 2, a sophomore in chemical engineering from Ballwin, Missouri
• Robert Oberdieck, Mr. Parker, a junior in chemical engineering from St. Peters, Missouri
• Lexie Oswald, ensemble, a second grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Zachary Phelps, Ralphie Parker, a sixth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Hannah Ramsey, Mrs. Parker, a sophomore in English from Rolla, Missouri
• Hayden Renaud, Flick, a fifth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Ella Schrader, Esther Jane Alberry, a fourth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Manoah Smith, Randy Parker, a second grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Marc St. Amour, desperado 1, a senior in chemical engineering from Ballwin, Missouri
• Chayne Standage, Black Bart, a senior in computer science from Springfield, Missouri
• Dakota Townley, Schwartz, an eighth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Livi Townley, ensemble, a third grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Mackenzie Townley, ensemble, a ninth grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Ranger Townley, Scut Farkas, a second grader from Rolla, Missouri
• Claire Trebing, Mrs. Schwartz, a senior in computer science from Creve Coeur, Missouri.